You will find locks on almost everything these days. There are locks on doors, on cars, and even on certain devices. However, not all of them necessitate the use of keys. In fact, keys may actually become obsolete in a matter of years. Instead, what we would have are keycodes, passwords, passcodes, and whatever other names they are given. The world is slowly shifting towards biometric and facial security systems. Nevertheless, there are still a lot of homes and business establishments that still make use of key locks.
Door locks are still an essential method of keeping a place secured, maintaining privacy, and protected from intruders. Hence, the occasional need for a Minneapolis locksmith professional. Gour Key Masters is a locksmith establishment in Saint Paul, MN that provides door lock services. If you need to install, repair, or replace a door lock, we are the company you should call. The quality of our services has been satisfying customers for many years. And maybe now it is your time to enjoy such services.
Here are some of the types of door locks that can be installed, repaired, or replaced by our professionals.
Types of Door Locks
There are different types of locks and they vary in the level of security they can provide. These locks can be used for your home’s front door or for any door in your office. They range from mechanical to electronic locks. So, depending on your choice, you can contact Gour Key Masters in Saint Paul, MN for an installation.
- Knob Locks: The most popular and widely used form of door lock is the knob lock, which serves as the primary security measure for most doors. Rather than on the door, the lock chamber is found inside the knob. Because they may be readily forced in with simple tools like a screwdriver or hammer, knob locks shouldn’t be used for outside doors.
- Deadbolt Locks– Even more effective security against break-ins and burglaries is provided by deadbolts. Instead of using a spring, they feature lock bolts that move when a knob or key is turned. They are less vulnerable to a knife or hand tool because of their distinctive locking mechanism, which is better able to withstand physical assaults, hammering, and drilling.
There are three main varieties of deadbolt locks: single, double, and vertical. The basic deadbolts have a single cylinder and may be opened from one end with a key. Deadbolts with two cylinders may be opened with a key from either side. Like single and double deadbolts, vertical deadbolts function by moving the lock vertically rather than laterally. This position is less vulnerable to being pushed in by using a tool like a wrench to pry the door open.
- Cam Locks – An attachment with a rotating arm, or cam, affixed are elements you will find within a cam lock. They are spherical in shape and feature a metal tube that has a hole on one side. This hold aids in positioning the bolt whenever it is introduced.
To combat unwanted access, these locks are frequently employed in filing cabinets, vending machines, workstations, or glass cases. They are mostly undetectable within completely built cabinets, though. Certain cam locks totally secure cabinet doors, making them desirable for protecting delicate goods.
- Smart Locks: There are additional methods to lock and unlock a door, and that’s using smart locks. These are a kind of adaptable electronic door lock. The capacity to lock and unlock a smart lock using a smartphone or keyless entry is its greatest advantage. Many smart locks also contain a key cylinder and a pad to enter a keycode. The ability to link to home automation services through Wi-Fi or Bluetooth is another feature of many smart locks. These types of locks need electricity to operate their linked features, and their batteries need to be changed frequently.
- Mortise Locks: These types of locks are probably the most secure types of locks. They are used on external doors and can serve as both a light and heavy-duty measure of security. They have a mechanism present on the inside, which puts them in the category of a lockset rather than a lock. These locksets, which may include a lever and knob, offer greater security than regular cylinder locks. It is definitely one of the best locks out there.
In conclusion, there are other locks apart from the ones mentioned. So, if you want to know more about the best locks for your home, you can reach out to us for our residential locksmith services. We can install any of the locks mentioned for you without any hassles.